Oct 18, 2020

DEAR DIARY - 3 A/L

Write an entry to your diary using the vocabulary on GADGETS and ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES (Moving Up p. 27) 

Include the following grammar: 
1) used to 
2) simple past 
3) when/while + subject + verb 
4) before/after + -ing form 
5) during + noun

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE: 

Dear Diary,

Today was a crazy day. I used to think appliances and gadgets were useful and convenient until today.

It all started when I woke up late because I didn’t hear my alarm clock go off.  First, I went to the kitchen to start the coffee machine,  but it didn’t work, so I turned on the electric kettle for some tea.

Before having breakfast, I went to take a shower and wash my hair. On the way to the bathroom, I stepped on a bottle opener and cut my foot. When I turned on the hairdryer,  I saw smoke! I immediately turned it off and went back to the kitchen to warm my croissant in the microwave oven I set the table and prepared my tea during this time.

After some minutes of vacuuming,  all of a sudden the vacuum cleaner stopped working.  Luckily, it just needed to be cleaned.

I decided to surprise my mom and bake her a cake before going out. I used to mix everything by hand until we bought a new food mixer last year. When I added the eggs, the liquid splattered all over! Before taking the cake out of the oven, the alarm on my digital watch rang. It was time to meet my friend for our daily bike ride. When I went to get my bike, the bike lock was broken! I turned on my sat-nav so I wouldn’t get lost and cruised away.

I used to be a super relaxed person, but after today,  I feel super stressed out! While I am writing this, I am listening to my favorite songs on my personal computer.  I am glad this day is over!

 

No comments: